Minimally Invasive Surgery in Nashik
Minimally Invasive Surgery in nashik, cardiothoracic surgery in nashik and Limited Access Coronary Artery Surgery includes Port-Access Coronary Artery Bypass (PACAB or Port CAB) or Keyhole Surgery
An alternative to standard bypass surgery (CABG). Small incisions (“ports”) are made in the chest. Chest arteries or veins from your leg are attached to the heart to “bypass” the clogged coronary artery or arteries. The instruments are passed through the ports to perform the bypass. It’s done while the heart is still beating. It requires a few days in the hospital, it also takes lesser time in recovery compared to standard bypass surgery (CABG). Dr. Rahul Kaiche is best at it and cardiothoracic surgery in nashik.
Reason for the Procedure
- Enables blood flow to the heart and improves the supply of blood and oxygen to the heart muscles.
- Relieves chest pain(angina)
- Reduces risk of heart attack
- Improves physical activity ability
Advantages of Minimally invasive surgery
- Increased safety: with a small incision, there’s less trauma to the body and far less blood loss.
- Decreased scarring: most incisions just take a stitch or two to close.
- Faster recovery: Recovery from traditional heart surgery typically takes six to eight weeks, whereas patients who have undergone minimally invasive usually take lesser duration for recovery, about two weeks.
- Reduced Duration of hospital Stay: most MICS procedures are associated with 23 hours discharge or are considered schedule outpatient surgery.